[haiku-development] Re: alpha release window ?

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 16:43:58 +0200 CEST

> > Ingo always spoke about updating all the optional packages once
> > again, but
> > I don't know what the reasoning was for that.
>
> Well, at least the current Pe version fixes a few annoyances :-)

Speaking of Pe, where should I put the azerty keybindings I have here ?
(Alt-A to quit is really annoying...)
Seems the default one exists in source form in Resources/Bindings.r but
rez does't seem to allow decompiling an existing one.

> > > We also need to remove any packages that are problematic patent/
> > > license
> > > wise (as ffmpeg encoding), and make packages available for those
>
> I have no idea, but if it's questionable, I would rather remove it to
> be on the safe side.

Well there would only be raw audio left mostly...

> I would also vote for removing CDPlayer for the alpha, as well as
> "nfs"
> which doesn't seem to work correctly.

Don't really have time to fix nfs for now anyway, plus it's slow.

> Is there a way to specifically remove targets from the release for
> the
> release mode only?

in HaikuImage:

$(NOT_R1A)BSnow

like the X86_ONLY...
But it's getting quite hairy in there, with all cases for cpus &
others.

François.