[haiku-development] Re: alpha release window ?

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 06:33:20 +0200

Disreali wrote:
I know everyone is eager to get it done, but I'd like to at least wait for the
GSoC
period to finish so as not to be distracted by alpha concerns.

As much as I want an alpha released ASAP, I do agree with your logic. It would
be nice
to have the fruits of the GSoC projects in the release, especially localization.

I don't think that's what François meant with waiting another few weeks. Most GSoC projects still have some way to go until they can be included in an alpha image. It's more like the final phase of GSoC 2009 is too taxing esp. for the mentors to seriously concentrate on releasing an alpha.

IMO the alpha shouldn't be rushed (yeah, even after waiting for it for at least a year now... :) ). This, of course, doesn't prevent us from beginning with the preparations. What's the word from our (was it "Release"?) Coordinator, M. Philippe St-Pierre? Anything going on behind the scenes?

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de