[haiku-development] Re: alpha release window ?

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar.adema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 15:53:30 +0200

Stephan Assmus wrote:
I can quickly disable AC-3 encoding, but most likely, the MPEG4 encoding is ok to leave on? Can someone comment on that? To disable codecs, just comment them out in the respective src/add-ons/media/plugins/ffmpeg/*Table.cpp file(s).
I guess fmmpeg itself might be a good source for this information, IIRC they even have a configure switch which disables the "cumbersome" ones in their implementation....

(I'm afraid even MPEG4 has licensing/patent issues, but IANAL....)

HTH,

Ithamar.