[haiku-development] Re: What's the status of Haiku?

  • From: Stephen Hite <steveh2009@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 11:29:04 -0400

I'm all for Sia Lang building a side UserLand Haiku on top of a Linux kernel if
it trivializes getting modern hardware to work and porting of major development
packages such as Qt, Java and Mono to work as seamlessly as they do on Linux.

All I personally ever wanted to do on Haiku was to one day be able to develop
in C# at the app level using Haiku libs.  That's the fascinating part of Haiku
(to me) at the user programming level to begin with.