[haiku-development] Re: What's the status of Haiku?

  • From: "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6723@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 05:05:34 +0000

from Finn Bastiansen and my last message:

> Am 19.08.2014 um 07:25 schrieb Thomas Mueller:
> > I remember reading about a Linux dressed up to look like BeOS some years
> > ago but don't remember the name or details.
> You are probably talking about Zevenos:

> http://www.zevenos.com/

> Interestingly, they even have a Haiku installer :-)

> http://www.zevenos.com/about/haiku-dd-installer

> "The Haiku DD-Installer is a app to install and test the Haiku Operating
> System.
> It will use the Haiku RAW Image from http://www.haiku-os.org to install
> the system onto a partition on a disk.
> Under the hood it uses the dd command line application to extract and
> copy the data in the raw image to disk."

Thanks for refreshing my memory!

One problem with the anyboot installing to USB stick is getting a partition
with only 29.6 MB free space, though I suppose I could format the other part
for BFS from within Haiku.

USB-stick image also comes with an installer, so I suppose I could install it
to a hard-drive partition.

While Haiku is still in alpha stage, it looks better than NetBSD and OpenBSD
with all the problems I get.

Tom