[haiku-development] Re: Voting aftermath

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 09:23:07 +0200

2008/9/26 Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Could we not just &#8220;frees&#8221; now with a branch?  That branch will
> only include Milestone: R1/alpha1 changes and bug fixes? Enhancement and
> such can continue in main branch also we don&#8217;t need a date and no
> one can claim that a release is eminent. A branch can be a good testing
> ground for us who would like to test Haiku before alpha 1, like a dr1
> before alpha 1 :)

Well, I'm rather late in this discussion, but the point of setting a
freeze date is really to put the developers under some pressure to
dedicate their resources towards realizing alpha 1, rather than
getting side-tracked in their sub-projects.

Branching does the opposite, it encourages developers to continue
their work in both alpha 1 and non-alpha 1 tasks.

N.