[haiku-development] Re: Voting aftermath

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:07:18 -0700

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 1:04 AM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

> scott mc wrote:
>> I have just finished building python-2.5.2 for Haiku again.  It still
>> showed a few -lm cases but it did finish the build.  I have posted a
>> binary on HaikuPorts, if there's some python experts who know more about
>> it that could kick it around to see if everything is working that would
>> be cool.  If you have any issues with it, just report them to the
>> haikuports user mailing list.
>
> Nice work!
>
>> I'll take another look at cvs in the next few days here, I'll probably go
>> with 1.12.13 unless there's any objections.
>> -scottmc
>
> I did make an optional package for CVS (1.11.21 apparently). I used this
> successfuly to check out some software. So maybe this is good enough for
> now?
>
> Best regards,
> -Stephan

Stephan, the 1.11.21 you made was that built on Haiku or BeOS?  Your
.OptionalPackageDescription file shows BeOS.  I'll be working on
1.12.13 this week and if I can't get it to go we can fall back to the
current one as it seems to work, at least I was able to check out
CMake which is fairly large, and I think Bill was using it to check
things into their cvs with it.  Do you apply any patches to get
1.11.21 to work, and if so are they online to check?  I ran into
problems with getaddrinfo.c/.h yesterday.  (Which didn't seem to be an
issue when Andreas and Kaliber worked on cvs 4-6 months ago.)
-scottmc