[haiku-development] Re: (USB MIDI) Device hierarchy

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 23:11:20 -0800

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 09:59:35PM +0000, Sean Collins wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    I'm looking into implementing full multi-port support in usb_midi.
>
>     Haiku has a usb midi driver ??? huh, I'll have to get out my kx88
> controler and see if it works with it.

Please do...!  At this point I know there are  a number of holes, so
feedback is most important.

I just plugged one problem with what is doubtless an interim patch
(#4463 -- the driver made too much assumption about inputs and outputs)
but I'm sure there are other things that cause it to fail.  It works
with my MidiMan UNO, and the first port only of my MidiSport 2x2.

[Umm -- I just looked up the kx88, and it seems to somewhat predate USB!
Do you have a suitable MIDI-USB interface?]

Cheers,
        -- Pete --