[haiku-development] Re: (USB MIDI) Device hierarchy

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:18:02 -0800

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 08:29:06PM +0000, Sean Collins wrote:

> > [Umm -- I just looked up the kx88, and it seems to somewhat predate
> > USB!
> > Do you have a suitable MIDI-USB interface?]
>

>    hi Pete. I fat fingered it.
>
>    I have a Yamaha KX 8. Its a usb 88key wieghted key controller. Very
> nice machine.

Ah, yes... (:-))  Looks much more appropriate!

Be very interested to hear how it works.  Especially as it's only a
controller, so you'll have to use a softsynth to get any sound.
If I'm understanding Enrique right, he and I are hearing very different
latencies!  My machine (with auich hardware) is unuseable for real-time
playing, apparently his is great!

Also, whatever happens, please run lsusb on it, and send us the output
so we get another datapoint.

Thanks,
        -- Pete --