[haiku-development] Re: (USB MIDI) Device hierarchy

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:09:56 +0100

Sean Collins wrote:
> plugging in the kx8 cuases a complete deadlock.
>
> something is very wrong. the device announces itself on windows as
> a USB midi HID. It does have addtional functionality however outside of
> the midi spec but this shouldn't cuase a deadlock.

It should not, but my bet is it does currently because this device has
both an MIDI streaming interface *and* an HID one for those extra DAW
control knobs and buttons on the device.
Which means probably that both usb_hid and usb_midi kernel drivers are
accessing the device concurrently.
It should be possible, but maybe we don't support it well right now.

Please file a bug ticket for this issue, as it could be a deeper issue
than just USB MIDI support.
Read the builtin Welcome documentation "Tips for a helpful bug report"
page on how to collect as much as information on the crash and attach
it to a new bug report ticket.

Bye,
  Philippe.