[haiku-development] Re: (USB MIDI) Device hierarchy

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:28:11 -0800

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 09:06:17PM +0000, Sean Collins wrote:

>    Pete plugging in the kx8 cuases a complete deadlock.
>
>    something is very wrong. the device announces itself on windows as a
> USB midi HID. It does have addtional functionality however outside of
> the midi spec but this shouldn't cuase a deadlock. I also tried
> rebooting locked up at desktop.

[Guess our mails crossed in the aether... Got an important phone call
in the middle!]

That doesn't sound nice at all.  Haven't had any lockups with USB.
It doesn't KDL?  Just freezes?  Very odd.  (Is your K/B or mouse USB
by any chance?  I suppose I could imagine some kind of interaction
there if it says 'HID')

Does Windows have anything similar to listusb?  You don't have Linux,
I suppose.  Some kind of dump of the USB configuration would be
extremely useful here...

Thanks, anyway.

        -- Pete --