[haiku-development] Re: R1/a4 initial planning

  • From: Ralf Schülke <ralf.schuelke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 09:47:24 +0100

I think QT is not the best for a native interface kit for haiku!

I have nit see a GNU/Linux OS with QT/KDE in the Desktop Market!

Linus at self says, GNU/Linux for a Desktop OS have some problems, the
Problems is the many Hardware in the Desktop place.

Haiku OS is designet for a Desktop!  Haiku need a not QT for the Desktop OS.

OpenJava is the best chose when we need a good big framework for
Interfacing.

But Haiku can go the way of QNX.
Small OS
Performant
good source and api design
etc.

I see Haiku as Base OS and all other stuff (Browser, other Frameworks, etc)
mast came from other Developents.

Haiku OS need the focus to R1 = stable the basics (API, Kits, etc) and make
open the dors for the industrie (QNX way).

stargater