[haiku-development] Re: R1/a4 initial planning

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 13:51:35 -0600

On 18.02.2012 11:30, SMC.Collins wrote:
Hi,

I made an R1/alpha4 milestone in Trac and assigned the tickets.
The tickets, which were already mentioned, have been updated to it.
 #'s 7707, 8001, 8028, 8318, 8339

https://dev.haiku-os.org/milestone/R1/alpha4

--mmadia

can this ticket be added, the SSE code faults create some problems for anyone wishing to build or work with sse code. Alex has been working on it, but there still some buggyness as noted in a few of his commit on smp systems.

https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/8143

It's actually fixed-ish as of that most recent sse related commit.

It was figured out in IRC that the test application needed to call posix_memalign vs malloc to ensure everything is 16 byte aligned. After calling posix_memalign vs malloc the code started working on smp as well as single cpu systems.

The big question is why Haiku requires posix_memalign vs malloc while linux and others don't require it.

(I hear llvm / clang also has sse troubles, so it's probably something we're doing wrong.)

 -- Alex