[haiku-development] Re: Pushing for R1 (Final)

  • From: Jon Yoder <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 07:28:42 -0500

I think it has worked pretty well for previous releases.

I suggest we do the same and first vote the features we want in for R1
(numbered propositions + wiki voting + discussion if necessary). When
this is set in stone, we can then dispatch the workload over time and
people (alphas). Betas would then be only focused on testing / QA,
developing tools and formal testing guidelines if possible so that a
maximum of users can help in this phase.

The most important task to begin is to define the R1 feature set, after
that it's "just" a matter of scheduling and organization.

Note there was already a document started in this regard, that we should
update / merge with the new one (or the other way around)
https://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/FutureHaikuFeatures

I agree. From what I can tell, the FutureHaikuFeatures duplicates only some of the information, so merging only the relevant parts seems sensible.

--Jon