[haiku-development] Re: Pushing for R1 (Final)

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 19:06:35 +0100

Am Freitag, den 26.11.2010, 17:33 +0000 schrieb Matt Madia:
> Thanks. The content of FutureHaikuFeatures is being duplicated as
> http://www.haiku-os.org/r1-final-features-poll , to easily allow a
> general interest poll (open to all). An open-ended suggestion box is
> included on the general interest poll, in case there's features that
> have been overlooked.

[...]

> If you've any suggestions or objections, please voice them now.
> Otherwise I'll assume silence = agreement.

Just a quick idea: Should the release of R1 be bound to the outcome of
the poll, or should the active committers have some kind of veto power?
I think it would be interesting if the committers could only veto
against inclusion of features, but not veto pro inclusion. This way the
community could only remove blockers in order to see the R1 release
sooner, but they couldn't add more blockers and delay the release
indefinitely. Am I making sense? :-) In terms of changing the Wiki page,
I am just suggesting to add an appropriate disclaimer to make this
clear, should we all agree it's a good idea.

Best regards,
-Stephan