[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1A5 release timeline

  • From: pulkomandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 09:42:39 +0200

On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 09:37:08AM +0200, Axel Dörfler wrote:
> > On June 3, 2014 at 1:27 AM Jessica Hamilton <jessica.l.hamilton@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > Being fairly new too, I'm probably going to be talking into the
> > wind... but I think it would've been better to let Augustin run the
> > release. I don't think age should be a factor; he's a solid developer,
> > and has the drive to make this release happen.
>
> Not sure if anything happened behind the scenes, but maybe Adrien missed that
> Augustin already volunteered to do the work. In any case, I think he should do
> it, too. It's a rare condition to have more than one person willing to work on
> this (let alone a single person), but there is no need to fight over it.
>
> So I think Augustin should be the one in charge, and if anyone wants to help
> him
> (including Adrien), I would assume that this is certainly appreciated.

I had sent a mail applying for this at about the same time, but it
didn't get through as my ML subscription was not configured properly.
I'm worried that waddlesplash is not a member of the haiku project with
commit access, and it feels a bit strange to me that someone external to
the project can be RC. But if everyone is ok with that, let's go for it,
it's only less work for me.

--
Adrien.