[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1A5 release timeline

  • From: Jessica Hamilton <jessica.l.hamilton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 11:27:12 +1200

On 3 June 2014 11:17, Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Augustin Cavalier wrote:
>>

>> Some I approve of, some in don't. But since I appear to have been
>> replaced, it's your call.
>>
> I think at your age with your ambition, you should work as a apprentice to
> pulkomandy to help with the heavy lifting etc, his work on Webkit is very
> important to the community and he has other obligations IIRC. That said I am
> sure he and the community could benefit from your time and knowledge. You
> could also gain some experience.

Being fairly new too, I'm probably going to be talking into the
wind... but I think it would've been better to let Augustin run the
release. I don't think age should be a factor; he's a solid developer,
and has the drive to make this release happen.

I think the major issues people have had have been around his approach
to managing issues with Trac, which I actually agree with. Just
because they were tagged for alpha5 doesn't mean they'd block the
release; just that these are the things our pool of developers should
be focusing on with whatever time they have been now and release.

I'd much rather see Adrien as a supervisor role, letting Augustin take
on the bulk of the work.

Jessica