[haiku-development] Haiku R1A5 release timeline

  • From: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 10:04:09 -0500

Good morning!

We're pushing for a faster Alpha release this time around. Things feel
pretty stable at the moment.

Haiku R1 Alpha 5 should be the last alpha release before we hit beta.

The core goal of this release is testing, testing, testing. We (I) cherry picked way too many fixes last time around resulting in the need for R1A4.1

Here is the proposed timeline:

* May 27th - June 2nd Last minute scramble. Don't commit anything risky.
  * June 3rd we branch R1A5
* June 3rd - June 17th *Bug fixes only* All hands on deck testing of images.
  * June 17th - July 1st R1A5 is frozen and release is performed.

I'll take primary release coordinator status again (unless anyone else wants to step up... however i've been asking around and haven't found anyone with
commit access and the time)

PulkoMandy has volunteered to take backup release coordinator role next week.

Here is to another great release of Haiku!

 -- Alexander von Gluck