[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Inc. powers (was [VOTE] Haiku flier funding)

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.w.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:47:09 +0100

Am 18.12.2009 um 13:32 schrieb PulkoMandy:

> The fund are not donated to the project, they are donated  directly to
> Haiku Inc. (which was created for this purpose : being able to accept
> donations).

> They happen to usually listen the community but this
> wasn't, ever, by any kind of written rule, only because they want to
> do so. And yes, we have to trust them because they could decide at any
> moment to spend all the funds on anything else.

Sorry, that's not correct.

The non-profit organization Haiku Inc. exists, so that the Haiku project can
accept tax-deductible donations. Haiku Inc. is just the means for that, nothing
more. The funds are bound to the Haiku project. The BOD is only the executing
party. The decisions where to spend that money has to be made by the active
Haiku contributors (BOD is likely a subset of that group). The BOD is then
responsible to transfer the money.

In order to get money approved you of course have to contact the BOD.

Please members of the BOD correct me, if I am wrong.

See here:
http://www.haiku-os.org/about
and there:
http://www.haiku-os.org/about/haiku_inc