[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Inc. powers (was [VOTE] Haiku flier funding)

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What's unfortunate is that everyone knew that I was going to call for a vote
> (I announced it on the mailing list), and it's like they waited until I put
> all the effort and actually called the vote before actually killing it. What
> a waste of time.

Actually, I had always thought the vote was going to boil down to how
many fliers we printed, and what kind of paper we used... I guess I
didn't follow the mailing list closely enough :P

Since we did indicated in our proposed budget that we would spend at
least $100/year on marketing materials (which translated pretty much
to fliers), and then there were discussions to raise this to as much
as $500/year (per the budget modifications you proposed) - I'm not
sure why we would then initiate a vote to spend nothing at this point.
That seems kind of pointless, and suggests that defining a budget was
*also* a waste of time.

- Urias