[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Inc. powers (was [VOTE] Haiku flier funding)

> And yes, we have to trust them because they could decide at any
> moment to spend all the funds on anything else.

This makes Jorge's point even clearer: if they can decide to spend the
money on anything else, and aren't obligated to listen to the
community, then if they do do this (for whatever reason) there is no
way for the community to stop them (sure, the donors will likely stop
donating money when they hear of the misuse, but this won't keep the
money from being diverted from the project).
Same reason people usually don't (or shouldn't) "just trust" their government.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that they actually will misuse the money
anytime soon, but ignoring that case makes for a weak framework.

-- Hike Danakian