[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Inc. powers (was [VOTE] Haiku flier funding)

  • From: Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:51:17 -0700

> But you are right: I really had to waste a lot of time; I was hoping to
> get a "don't worry about the printing; we'll pay for it, so please work
> on it" response. It is quite amazing that after almost two weeks and
> probably more than one hundred emails there is still no answer to such a
> simple question. As I said on another email of mine today, something is
> terribly wrong in how Haiku approaches contributions...

Matt said, in one post, that if the flyer:
A) met BOD design approval ( they want to see the artwork first & make changes)
B) was free for all to print and use ( Creative Commons license )
C) acceptable cost ( I put this one in )
D) Met deadline

That it would be approved and paid for.

//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/VOTE-Haiku-flier-funding-was-Haiku-flier-reprint,1

Working with Haiku Inc. means you have to e-mail them directly to discuss
what they will or will not pay for and give them a few days to decide.  They
have both contact form and e-mail address to get in touch with them directly.

BOD members were selected because very active in the community and
represent Haiku fairly.  Whether 35 or 6 people vote matters not if they
vote (think) the same way as the community.

Jorge, you have to be in control and create conflict.  That is why I doubt they
will ever let you in BOD even with all the work you do for Haiku which is lots.

SIMPLE SOLUTION:

Agree to let Haiku Inc make/suggest any changes to final artwork,
release under open style license, do flyer for reasonable price and figure out
what deadline they want you to meet and then it'll happen.

I believe the consensus is for creating and giving out flyers at conferences
and Jorge is qualified in doing this so let's make it happen guys.

Regards,

Windows Live: Friends get your Flickr, Yelp, and Digg updates when they e-mail
you.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9691817