[haiku-development] Re: Gaming in Haiku...

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:06:53 -0700

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:50 AM, Luposian <luposian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Apr 17, 2008, at 12:01 AM, Truls Becken wrote:
>

> > On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 9:04 PM, Luposian <luposian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > >  I can't seem to find any other examples of full screen games/demos,
> etc.
> > > that will run in Haiku, to test this capability.  Do you know of any?
> > >

> > The screensavers are (obviously) fullscreen, did you look into how
> > they achieve that?
> >

>  I hadn't considered that.  The one example I just discovered was Chart's
> "Demo" mode, which makes the starfield and all whatnot, totally fullscreen.
> So, it's definitely possible.  Now, the question is, what kind of CPU usage
> would an actual 2D game, in that configuration, take up?  In Fullscreen Demo
> mode, there is no FPS/CPU % display for Chart, to even get a rough
> guesstimate.  I'd like it if there were, tho.
>
>  Luposian

You might try using the new ActivityMonitor:
http://www.bedrivers.com/screen3.png
Although it doesn't have FPS in it (yet?)
I would assume it continues to run even a game or screensaver goes full screen?
Maybe something to add to the ActivityMonitor would be a recorder
which could log the data to a file for later playback...  Just tossing
out an idea.
-scottmc