[haiku-development] Re: Gaming in Haiku...

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:13:31 -0400

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

> It's always appreciated, I know Ingo is very much in favor of that... and
> hard at work to make it come true... :-)

As I recall from talking to Travis at the "Haiku Mentor Appreciation
Day" even at Be they compiled on BFS volumes with the indexing turned
off. That might always be an option, but what might be neater is to
turn off indexing on a per-directory basis, though maybe that isn't
possible. But if it is possible then turning off the indexing for our
generated directory would probably speed things up.

Though I am sure there are plenty of other optimizations still to be
made in Haiku.

Ryan