[haiku-development] Re: Haiku and coverity

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:25:04 +0200

Jorge G. Mare wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 23:47 -0400, Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 11:34 PM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > >  This last weekend at LugRadio, David from Coverity (coverity.com)
> > >  came to the Haiku booth to discuss how to get Coverity to work with
> > >  Haiku. David gave me his contact information and asked me if I could
> > >  pass on his offer to help with the process to the Haiku devs.
> > >
> > >  I don't know who I should direct this request, ergo this email on
> > >  the development list. If there is anyone interested in this, please
> > >  let me know, and I will send you the contact information off the
> > >  list.
> >
> > There has been discussion about Coverity in the IRC channel. Both Urias
> > and I have investigated packaging Haiku with pkgsrc, which is supposed
> > to be what is required to get something into Coverity. I think Urias
> > has looked into it more than I have, but I know he is very busy and
> > does not really have the time for it now. I too am busy with several
> > other projects.
> >
> > So I might suggest that this would be a great opportunity for a
> > non-developer to contribute to Haiku. Initial knowledge of how to build
> > Haiku would probably be a good starting point, and I'm sure Ingo and
> > myself could provide some help with the build system if needed (more
> > him than me probably, hehe, though I know a bit about Jam.)
> >
> > Obviously contacting David to get more details would be the first step.
>
> It may not have been clear from my original email, but David said he
> would like to help add Coverity support to the Haiku build system. So I
> think there is an opportunity here to get someone who knows the system do
> some (but not all) of the work for us.

Sounds really nice! Is the problem that David does not want to join this
list and would rather have an individual contact to work with? Otherwise I
would suggest that he joins this list and we try to take it from there. His
chances are greater to get help and/or information in a much more
responsive way.

Best regards,
-Stephan