[haiku-development] Re: Haiku and coverity

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:32:54 -0700

Hi Stippi,

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 10:25 +0200, Stephan Assmus wrote:
> Jorge G. Mare wrote:

> > It may not have been clear from my original email, but David said he
> > would like to help add Coverity support to the Haiku build system. So I
> > think there is an opportunity here to get someone who knows the system do
> > some (but not all) of the work for us.
>
> Sounds really nice! Is the problem that David does not want to join this
> list and would rather have an individual contact to work with? Otherwise I
> would suggest that he joins this list and we try to take it from there. His
> chances are greater to get help and/or information in a much more
> responsive way.

I imagine that David's desire to communicate with Haiku is specific to
getting Coverity running for Haiku, and not because he is interested in
Haiku per se. So I doubt he would want to join yet another mailing list
just for that (Haiku would be just one project among many for him). But
this is all my speculation, so I would rather have a dev talk to him
directly and sort the details out. :)

To put it a bit bluntly, this is in engineering thing, and I don't want
to spend my time on it (just passing the message). So my questions are:

Does Haiku have an interest in this?

If yes, who should I tell him to talk to?

I need a YES and a name or a NO, so that I can pass the ball and get out
of the way. :)

Cheers,

Koki