[haiku-development] Re: 64 bit

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 10:07:08 -0700

> Part of what I do is write "posixy" post processing tools. On *nix I just
> do an mmap64 and apply the transformations and filters. Extremely efficient.
>
> Does Haiku aim for posix compliance by the way? That would make it easy to
> port our videofx library (it's a 64 bit only, C/posix terminal lib)

Yes, Haiku aims to be POSIX compliant.  Try building your tool(s) on Haiku
and let us know how it goes.  If you run into issue check Haiku's trac and
see if they have already been reported and if not file a new trac ticket.
 There is also the haikuports mailing list to discuss porting issues.

-scottmc