[haiku-development] Re: 64 bit

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 16:50:41 +0200

Hi Mark,

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Mark A Hayes <markarnold@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can barely bring myself to install a 32-bit OS... it must be six-seven
> years since the last time I did that. So I noticed the 64-bit version had a
> big experimental warning, and of course it does not work on my laptop. I'll
> make a ticket.

Great, please take a look at https://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/ReportingBugs to
see how to make it as complete as possible, so you'll have the best results
from filing it ;)

> The 32-bit version boots. Just curious why the focus isn't on the 64-bit
> version?

Focus is there, but the amount of (active) developers capable of doing the
work is limited, so progress might not be as fast as you would like.

Patches are welcome, though!

Ithamar.