[haiku-development] Re: 64 bit

  • From: Julian Harnath <julian.harnath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 18:22:16 +0200

Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> schrieb:
> I think that if a video editing app is starting to page data
> in 32-Bit, it probably has room for improvement.

Don't forget though that video resolutions are always increasing - and
with them the data amounts. Having large amounts of RAM available is
good when your video editor supports things like automatically
prerendering parts of the video (composited from multiple tracks,
including filters, etc) in the background to RAM. 4 GB is quickly
exhausted then when dealing with large resolutions...
But yeah, currently there's no software on Haiku in shape to do that.

--
So long, Julian