[hackpgh-discuss] Re: LCD Display on the light panel

  • From: Doug Philips <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 07:42:49 -0400

On 3/16/13 4:04 PM, Anthony Cascone wrote:
For the non-Git saavy, follow the link and hit the "ZIP" button.

Which makes me wonder if we should have Git talk at some point. Doug,
thoughts?

This has come up from time to time. Most recently at the last meeting (or two), so yes, we should do this. I'm a Mercurial user myself, so while I can talk to Distributed Version Control System (DVCS) concepts common to git and Mercurial, I cannot provide any practical git advice. Based on spontaneous comments heard in the shop there are a number of users of git, so hopefully someone will come forward to propose a Fri night talk. I'd love to do a 15 minute talk on DVCS in general, and then show git and Mercurial work-flows (including recovering from common oopsies). I can handle the Mercurial parts and would like to collaborate on the DVCS in general part.

-=Doug
P.S. Im' out of of pocket this weekend, but had a quick moment to check emails.