[hackpgh-discuss] Re: LCD Display on the light panel

  • From: Gene Kern <gene.kern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:57:43 -0400

Thanks Matthew,

Upon further investigation, I have determined the display is a 2x16 serial display that uses the serial library.

I'll have the datasheet available when I have write access to the wiki.

Gene

On 3/12/2013 1:23 PM, Matthew Beckler wrote:
If it's a character display then there's a 99% chance it's compatible with the Hitachi HD44780 standard, and can be controlled by the Arduino using the LiquidCrystal library (http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/LiquidCrystal).

-Matthew

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Gene Kern <gene.kern@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:gene.kern@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Does anyone have the information on the LDC display on the light
    board?

    Or know the model number of the display?

    I'll take either.

    Gene