[gps-talkusers] Re: Voicenote or Voice Sense

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:50:28 -0400

Keith,

The bigger difference between these units will have to do with the other applications rather than the GPS, which we expect will be quite similar. Since one typically purchases a PDA like this for a full range of portable information needs, it would be good to look at the user interface and capabilities of all the other programs such as the word processor, calendar, address book, email and Internet. Certainly the small size of the VoiceSense is attractive but best to compare the software first and foremost.

Hello,

    Since the Sendero GPS will be available on the Voice Sense in a few
weeks, I'd like to hear from users of both the
Voicenote and the Voice Sense from a GPS prospective.

    I don't own either a Voicenote or a Voice Sense, but I'm
interested in comparing the differences or advantages of these two
notetakers when used with GPS.

    I believe the Voice Sense has more memory than the Voicenote, and
a different processor, but is the processor faster in the Voice
Sense?

    Does the additional memory mean that the Voice Sense would run
faster, or could you have more maps open when compared to the
Voicenote?

    If anyone knows of any advantages of using the Voicenote for GPS,
I'd like to hear that too.

Keith

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Crashing Through by Robert Kurson available at http://www.CrashingThrough.com

Developers and distributors of the first-ever accessible GPS
Distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Talks, Miniguide and the ID Mate bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

1-888-757-6810, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West