[gps-talkusers] Re: TeleAtlas Woes

  • From: "Sharon Ewing" <sharon.ewing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:05:26 -0500

Just for the   sake of balance, I would like to say something in TeleAtlas's
maps defense.

I have several friends who have tried to use other commercial GPS units in
their automobiles to come to my house.  They can't find it because the
community is so new and is still being built.  The GPS maps we use for Sense
Nav and for GPS on the Braille Note products have always been able to find
me even though I'm in a community that start in early 2007.  I can find all
of my street names in the community, and the commercial POI's provided by
the original maps have my pool, my builder's office that is still here in
the subdivision, as well as the competing builder's offices.  The point here
is that you may have to trade off the good with the not so good.