[gps-talkusers] Re: Nonexistent Address

  • From: "Steve" <drum67-72@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 18:33:17 -0400

Due to vagaries in TeleAtlas's inane map city designator system, one of the
unfortunate consequences of the Sendero GPS implementation, in my opinion,
your destination address may be in what they consider a different city.  Where
I am, they list me in a "city" which is not a politically defined jurisdiction
and hasn't been for over thirty years.

I would jump for joy if they ever converted to NavTech, which the Trekker uses
and it doesn't have this problem.

The only thing I can suggest is to try to select an address in the real city,
virtually navigate to your destination, and hit the letter C to see what
TeleAtlas think your city is.

Steve
Lansing Township, Michigan
In TeleAtlas's map, Edgemont Park, Michigan.