[geocentrism] Re: disturbing deceit!

  • From: Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:36:19 +1100

Quoting Jack Lewis <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Dear Regner,
> I do not follow what you are saying in this paragraph 1? what's the Bible
> got to do with the content of my e-mail?

From what you write, you seem to consider the Bible an authority on
astronomy, history and evolution. I apologize if I'm off the mark here.

> Paragraph 2 is a very convenient sidestep, shoulder shrugging

No.

> and quite
> irrational. We know and you know that there is no scientific discipline that
>
> is able to address this problem. How do you know evolution is a very
> successful theory - it's completely shot with problems, the only reason for
> sticking with is a philosophical one. If agiogenesis didn't happen then what
> was going to evolve?

Evolution is not concerned with Genesis - that is handled elsewhere in science.
It's part of the real world - therefore it is amenable to scientific
investigation.

> In saying all this I am seriously in breach of my proposed rule of sticking
> to the original point in question which was about the celestial poles.
> Please let's not get sidetracked and in respect of your busyness, I'm
> retired and therefore have more time to indulge in the extra issues.
>
> Jack

I approve - I'm happy to end that side-track here.

   Kind regards,

      Regner