[geocentrism] Re: Magnet experiment

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:02:48 +0100 (BST)

Philip,

  I do not know how you intend to ensure that your magnet is always "at right
angles to" the external magnetic field. Just the finite length of the magnet
will ensure that this is, I would think, impossible in a strong field (and only
approximately true in a weak one). Sounds like you need an expert in nuclear
physics; have you tried CERN ?

  As regards Maxwell's work, the modern version of his field equations is a
simplification of his actual analysis, which included scalar as well as vector
terms.

  Neville.

philip madsen <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  @font-face {   font-family: Wingdings;  }  @page Section1 {size: 8.5in
11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin: .5in;
mso-footer-margin: .5in; mso-paper-source: 0; }  P.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE:
12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-style-parent:
""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"  }
 LI.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New
Roman"; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan;
mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"  }  DIV.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE:
12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-style-parent:
""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"  }
 A:link {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single  }
SPAN.MsoHyperlink {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline:
single  }  A:visited {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline;
text-underline:
 single  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION:
underline; text-underline: single  }  P.MsoAutoSig {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN:
0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-pagination: widow-orphan;
mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"  }  LI.MsoAutoSig {   FONT-SIZE:
12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-pagination:
widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"  }  DIV.MsoAutoSig {
FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman";
mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"  }  P
{   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0in; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0in; FONT-FAMILY: "Times
New Roman"; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto;
mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"  }
SPAN.EmailStyle19 {   COLOR: navy; mso-style-type: personal-reply;
mso-ansi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-ascii-font-family: Arial;
mso-hansi-font-family: Arial;
 mso-bidi-font-family: Arial  }  SPAN.EmailStyle21 {   COLOR: #993366;
mso-style-type: personal; mso-ansi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-ascii-font-family:
Arial; mso-hansi-font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial  }
DIV.Section1 {   page: Section1  }  OL {   MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in  }  UL {
MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in  }      Its evening, and Im in a friendlier mood..  Its been
a long day for me but I left Josh up there in the subject line.

  If I had not balked at calculus, I might have gotten to like math.. Today i
had confirmed some of my disbeliefs, and unconfirmed some of my beliefs. I was
unsure that mag fields worked according to inverse square law... Now I know
they dont.  because inverse sq only works for a point source .. Even light
doesn't if it is coming from a flat plane, and electric fields do not if they
are coming from a linear conductor..  hmm

  So I just got a problem that is so complex it needs a High priest of math. In
the sense that gravity causes acceleration because it is a constant, how does
one calculate the acceleration on a unit pole from a magnetic field that is not
constant universally???
  No one on google knows..  But experiment shows that the force between magnets
increases rapidly with decreasing distance..

  My experiment..  I want to shoot a magnet oriented for poles attracting very
close to but through  and at right angles to a powerful magnetic field. If it
is too slow it will get captured.. How do I calculate the escape velocity for a
fly past.???  would there be one?
  I mean, a mag field can accelerate a particle up to the speed of light.

  I just bet this will cause pages of calculations???

your freeaccount today.