[geocentrism] Re: Joshua's Long Day

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 18:42:48 +1000

Its evening, and Im in a friendlier mood..  Its been a long day for me but I
left Josh up there in the subject line.

If I had not balked at calculus, I might have gotten to like math.. Today i had
confirmed some of my disbeliefs, and unconfirmed some of my beliefs. I was
unsure that mag fields worked according to inverse square law... Now I know
they dont.  because inverse sq only works for a point source .. Even light
doesn't if it is coming from a flat plane, and electric fields do not if they
are coming from a linear conductor..  hmm

So I just got a problem that is so complex it needs a High priest of math. In
the sense that gravity causes acceleration because it is a constant, how does
one calculate the acceleration on a unit pole from a magnetic field that is not
constant universally???
No one on google knows..  But experiment shows that the force between magnets
increases rapidly with decreasing distance..

My experiment..  I want to shoot a magnet oriented for poles attracting very
close to but through  and at right angles to a powerful magnetic field. If it
is too slow it will get captured.. How do I calculate the escape velocity for a
fly past.???  would there be one?
I mean, a mag field can accelerate a particle up to the speed of light.

I just bet this will cause pages of calculations???