[geocentrism] Re: Evolution

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 08:47:19 +1000

In defence of Pauls position:

Now I have already challenged everyone to disprove my claim that this
discussion creation versus evolution, is pointless because God did create an
aged universe. I come into the discussion here only to point at what I consider
is faulty reasoning when a creationist tries to debunk an evolutionist, in what
I consider is his "just and reasonable scientific position"

And to Paul,

If you could only discern it Paul .This is wisdom:

21 For, seeing that in the wisdom of God, the world, by wisdom, knew not God,
it pleased God, by the foolishness of our preaching, to save them that believe.
22 For both the Jews require signs: and the Greeks seek after wisdom. 23 But we
preach Christ crucified: unto the Jews indeed a stumblingblock, and unto the
Gentiles foolishness: 24 But unto them that are called, both Jews and Greeks,
Christ, the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God
is wiser than men: and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

I also do not see it as fair, or profitable to God, to hurl science in which
none can claim great expertise, at Paul, and expect him to have all the
answers, let alone understand them.

Jack said to Paul,

If you walked a little bit further and found a tiny little crab, which is
far-far-more complicated than a computer, because you are intelligent, you
would assume that someone put it there or at least made it. Does this answer my
'pointless' question?

I cant agree Jack..  Paul already has his own body to observe, which is far
more complicated than a crabs, without going to the beach. Biological items
cannot be compared with inamimate objects such as a bucket or a computer.

The problem I ,and presumably Paul as well, have with your reasoning is very
basic.

The primitive mind of man presumes that a complicated object such as biological
life, must have a creator simply because of its complexity. Whereas it could be
claimed that this is due to his inability to understand or conceive any other
reason. Only by education, not divine revelation, does the native finally agree
that the volcanoe on his island is not a god.

People like Jack, also presume that this complex life form is perfect.  i.e.
like as in the case of the bucket or computer, every bucket and every computer
will be basically like every other bucket or computer and do its designed for
job.

But this is not so with biology. The very infinite diversity of variation most
of which man in his entire life would never see or need, contradicts the idea
of a designer. Some of these forms are far from perfect. And imperfections
randomly occur beyond human reason. And yet in the deepest parts of the sea,
next to volcanic rifts, beautiful , and the not so beautiful lifeforms have
momentary existence.

And the same goes with inorganic systems. Creationists often put up the
mechanism of the watch which needs a creator, and compares it with the cosmos,
as a proof of need for a Creator. But the cosmos is not perfect like a watch.

The watchmaker would never put a bunch of "meteorites" in there to sabotage and
destroy parts of it. Planets collide. The very random nature of the diverse
actions that occur, all well within normal physical laws; actions that destroy
rather than build, contradicts this argument of a designer. Is God then, less
perfect than a watchmaker?

Jack, I believe in Creation, but my science could neve accept the logic of your
arguements you are using here. So illogical.

I believe the "creation scientist" is lacking in faith in creation, and is
overcome with doubt in the face of an overwhelming barrage of scientific
evidence supporting an aged world, when he has to resort to use science and
other illogical arguments to defend his position.

Creation is not a science.  .. evolution is.  Creation is in despite of science.

Philip.