[geocentrism] Re: Evolution

  • From: j a <ja_777_aj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:49:20 -0700 (PDT)

Paul,

  I enjoyed reading a very personal side of your walk through life. I don't
suppose you've considered that God said yes to your request each and every time
you prayed it and that the events in your life, including your current state of
disbelief, are all leading up to the fullfillment of your prayer.

  Since you've shared a personal glimpse, I'm moved to do the same. I too was a
christian from a very young age, so young I don't quite recall the event. I
have spent most of my life believing in God, but staying very far away from
him, at least publically and in studing about him, I've always "talked" and
prayed to God. I had always maintained a creationist perspective, but being
surrounded by evolutionary thinking and other non-Christian religious
attitudes, I was afraid to seriously look at the differences for fear that I
would find I was so obviously wrong. For most of my life my most fervent prayer
has been "to show me the truth in all things". A very hard thing for God to
accomplish in an individual not really looking. A few years back something
happened in my life which made me decide I needed get over my problems, face
reality and see what was true. This lead me (among other things) to reading
whatever I could from creationist and evolutionist positions, with most
 emphasis on exchanges between them (what did one say about the other and how
did one answer the other). It did not take long for me to see that
scientifically speaking, evolutionists were playing games in order to produce
their "overwhelming evidence". This and other searching, in the midst of no-one
around me believing as I did, has only lead me to strengthen my Christian
beliefs - seemingly quite the opposite of what happened to you.
  JA.

Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Jack L
  When I was 53, I had been a believing christian for about 47 years. The
prayer I recall most often making -- with ever increasing urgency -- was "God
-- make my faith strong." Clearly for all those years it was not strong and God
seemed disinclined to help me remedy that failing. Finally, an event occurred
which served to separate me from the practice of my religion and faith ebbed
rapidly when I was removed from constant reinforcement. With time I saw the
reality -- "Faith is what allows us to believe what we know is not possible".

  Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. Get it
now.