[geocentrism] Re: Acceleration calcs

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:13:43 +0000 (GMT)

Allen D

I know this proposition has been quite difficult for you, so with great effort
and at significant inconvenience to myself, I have given thought to the matter
as to how I might clarify and simplify it to its essence for your benefit.
|[:-) The fruits of that process follow.

Proposition -- an accelerometer can be used to show increasing and decreasing
velocity -- acceleration -- of a body in elliptical orbit about its primary.

Setting -- the Universe consists of our Solar System's star (Sol) and a
space-worthy vehicle (the vehicle) in an elliptical orbit of semi major axis
150 * 10^9 m

The space-worthy vehicle consists of a 1 kg sphere of lead equipped with an
accelerometer and painted red.

Accelerometer -- two types -
Type One consists of a reference mass suspended by a spring or springs, the
extension and/or compression of which are an analogue of any acceleration
experienced.

Type Two consists of a reference mass external to the vehicle and having a
start velocity identical with that of the vehicle. The distance between the
vehicle and the reference mass, and the elapsed time, is measured on board the
vehicle for the purpose of calculating acceleration.

We will use the Type Two accelerometer which consists of a 1 kg sphere of lead
painted green.

At apogee (t = 0) with a distance of 100 m separating the vehicle and the
reference mass (the red and green spheres respectively) we begin the inward
half of the orbit translation.

Task -- explain, demonstrate, calculate or in some other manner show, at
perigee, whether the red sphere has gained upon, lost to, or maintained
position relative to, the green sphere.

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail