[gameprogrammer] Re: What to do after C++?

  • From: "Juan Ignacio Albanesi" <jalbanesi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:32:44 -0300

You should learn how to create a state machine. Basically a game is a set of
states (main menu, intro, level, gameover, pause, etc).

You can implement it in various ways (simpler structured form (switch(state)
case MAIN_MENU:) or object oriented (eg: with the design pattern State[1])).

You can also study the code of a open source game. There are lots at
http://sourceforge.net/

Saludos
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_pattern