[gameprogrammer] Re: What to do after C++?

  • From: "DARKGuy ." <dark.guy.2008@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 14:29:47 -0400

I'd recommend OpenGL instead of DirectX... with it you'll be locked to M$
platforms (XBox...) while with OpenGL and some c++ skills you say you have
your code can run in almost any platform (and fun to try, too!). The API is
easy and you can do a lot with it, then you can move to shading languages...
making shaders is fun, and it requires lots of math but you can do pretty
effects with it, and it's what's turning the world around nowadays.