[elky] Re: update:

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: El Camino List <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 23:13:40 -0600

I ran 240V to the garage. I have 3 more 120V circuits @ 20 amps each there
now too. (I added 2 more, it only had one 20 amp for everything before).

Gas would have been nice, but really a pain under a crawl space. I had to
drill through a 10x10 just to get the wire through. Also, above the garage
are the 3 largest pine trees in town
<http://familychristensen.org/Virgil_102014/pages/12_fall_08.htm>. You can
see them tower over everything coming from the North. I don't really want
to light them up too bad.

Pics here:
http://familychristensen.org/Virgil_102014/index_12.htm  Click the pics for
a closer look.

It's a 5000 watt unit with a fan. Just under $200 at Farm and Fleet on sale
in the Summer. On low, it keeps the garage at 40 so nothing freezes. Just
right. Only upped the bill about 25-50 a month and for a buck a day I'll
take it.

My friend Tom has a radiant gas one. It works well, but smells, especially
if you are painting anything. Yours may be different. I think his is
ventless.

JC