[elky] Re: update

  • From: "ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 12:37:46 -0400

>Well, the 31st was my last official day of work, and pay status.
Soooooooo
>.............. I am a retired, and I'm venturing on uncharted  waters.
What
>to do now? In the back of my head there's a voice that says go to  the
race
>track, take pictures, make money. ?? Wait a minute, that Ray's head,
>sorry.
>       Right now I'm enjoying the coming and  going when ever I want.
>(don't say it)

         Well everyone I know that has retired has all said the same thing.
They don't have enough time in the day to get everything done and they
spend allot more $ when retired doing the hobbies they enjoy.

>      We have a new buyer for the house, going to  sign a contract. Same
>price as the buyer we lost. Now I'll believe it when the  check clears.
<G>
>Looking into using pods.com since we will need to store  things until we
find
>a new house. Drop off, pick up, store for a month, deliver,  all for
1900.oo
>That's one 16ft pod.

       Might look at what a 16' truck would cost to rent for a month. It
might be cheaper... That's allot of $ for moving and storing that little
bit... I couldn't get my tools and supplies from the garage in a pod that
size.

>       Hoping to sell kitchen, and living  room to new owner. He asked
>because he needs stuff, was living with parents.  That's less stuff I need
>pack, and ship.

     Wow here the Kitchen and living room are attached to the house. :) :)
:) Do you have indoor plumin and e-lec-tricity there yet. :) :) :)

>       I will be working on packing all the  little bricker-brack that has
>accumulated over the years.
>      My daughter has returned home, but we still  have the dog  Next
week
>my brother-in-law is coming to take my mother-in-law to visit with him for

>a month.  Words can not express  this feeling. Thinking of turning the
>place into an all naked house.
>Ahhhhhhhh......................... retired life.
>-Staten Island Frank-

     Well enjoy it, not many people can retire anymore.