[elky] Re: 2WD vs. 4WD Truck

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 12:39:41 -0500

Since I'm looking at getting a truck I'm confronting whether I want
4WD.  Pros: less chance of getting stuck in a very nose heavy vehicle,
highest trim level only available 4WD.  Cons: maintenance costs, rough
handling, get stuck farther away.

Well 4wd trucks ride better than 2wd ones used to so it's not bad really.

The majority of the trucks use will be for daily driving, the
occasional vacation trip and trips to pick up parts/cars. There are
two instances I can think of I would use 4WD: on the beach on vacation
or driving around to the back of my house - we live down a hill...
Anything I've driven to the back of my house gets stuck - it's damp
back there (wooded, little sun).  I might end up parking the truck
back there, since I don't think a mega cab truck is going to fit in
our garage: 8'W x 7'H door, 19' deep...

Your thoughts?
Chris

Well if you have a boat you need 4wd. Mileage difference usually isn't much. I'd prob go for a 4wd.

The megacab diesel is nice. Rode in one on the trip from DC to cleveleand and back. Very quiet, barely know it's a diesel inside. Totally the opposite of how noisy they used to be. Just make sure you keep taking it back to the dealer for software updates. They have done several.