[elky] Re: 2WD vs. 4WD Truck

  • From: "Mongar, Brian" <Brian.Mongar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 12:32:02 -0500

For about $500 you can buy the whole new assembly from Mendards with an
insulated door and grunted for life torsion bar spring instead, virtually
maintenance free, I have replaced 4 of them, and in the shed installed one new,
and installed one new at the old house when I built the garage.

Totally worth the investment there, old garage doors are not only a huge
maintenance issue and eyesore, but an even bigger safety risk.
Our spring broke at our current residence and the big heavy original door
slammed to the ground so hard it shattered the door.  If someone or something
would have been in its path...

The new ones are very light in comparison