[elky] Re: 2WD vs. 4WD Truck

Wow, my ext cab barely fits in my garage, and I am pretty sure its 22ft deep.

-----Original Message-----
From: elky-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:elky-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Chris Lindh
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 12:05 PM
To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [elky] 2WD vs. 4WD Truck

Since I'm looking at getting a truck I'm confronting whether I want 4WD.  Pros:
less chance of getting stuck in a very nose heavy vehicle, highest trim level
only available 4WD.  Cons: maintenance costs, rough handling, get stuck farther
away.

The majority of the trucks use will be for daily driving, the occasional
vacation trip and trips to pick up parts/cars. There are two instances I can
think of I would use 4WD: on the beach on vacation or driving around to the
back of my house - we live down a hill...
Anything I've driven to the back of my house gets stuck - it's damp back there
(wooded, little sun).  I might end up parking the truck back there, since I
don't think a mega cab truck is going to fit in our garage: 8'W x 7'H door, 19'
deep...

Your thoughts?
Chris

Rules: Please play nicely with others.