[elky] Re: 2WD vs. 4WD Truck

  • From: Chris Lindh <chrislindh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 17:13:40 -0400

Ray (and everyone) I appreciate the feedback.  It will probably come
down to what I can find within a reasonable distance.

One of the features that might come in handy would be the adjustable
pedals (I'm 5' 8", wife 5' 5") - all but one of the trucks I've seen
with adjustable pedals were Laramie trim, and every Laramie I've seen
is 4WD... so if I want that feature, or I want the Laramie trim with
leather, etc I'd have to get a 4WD truck.

I'm hoping to have the Chevelle finished and sold to fund the purchase
of the truck, but a frame-off restoration is a lengthy process.  That
said I'm making progress.  The site for the Chevelle has some before
shots:

http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/c/l/clindh/chevelle/68chevelle.html

Lately I've been scraping, blasting and priming the underside of the
body in preparation for chassis black paint.  Once the underside and
the rolling chassis are done I can reunite the body with the frame.

Before:
http://sites.google.com/site/1968chevelless396/68chevelle040.jpg

After:
http://sites.google.com/site/1968chevelless396/68chevelle044.jpg

Blasting the firewall revealed factory markings confirming an SS:
http://sites.google.com/site/1968chevelless396/68chevelle031.jpg

This is the undercoating from just the two rear wells (razor blade on
top for scale):
http://sites.google.com/site/1968chevelless396/68chevelle036.jpg

If the right truck appears nearby I may pull the trigger, but until
then I'll keep looking.  I should probably go test drive one too...

Chris