[duxuser] unwanted italics

  • From: "Jean Menzies" <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "DBT list" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:14:56 -0600

It seems it's my day for emphasis problems.

I was working on a glossary today, using guide words, etc. Again, I use Word
for my prep work and DBT 10.7. I had several occasions where DBT would import
the text and place an italic mark in front of an entry word on the page, or in
front of a guide word on line 25. There were no italics applied to the text,
and I had no idea why it was showing the italics mark. I managed to get rid of
it by adding the Grade 2 translation code in front of it, but I only tried that
as a desperate measure to try and force a fix. It worked, but I still don't
know why the text might have been italicized in the first place as that wasn't
applied to it.

Has anyone ever come across this one before?

Jean

Jean

As soon as you dispose of a book, even one that has gathered dust for years, a
pressing need to refer to it will arise.