[duxuser] order of punctuation

  • From: "Jean Menzies" <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "DBT list" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:07:32 -0600

In the BANA rules, there is a specific order for punctuation marks. In
particular, when using italics, any quotation marks or brackets come before the
italics symbols.

But I noticed that DBT does not honour this proper ordering when using the
boldface indicators. I import my documents from Word. If I have a bold
passsage, and say the last word is an acronym in brackets, the order should be
bracket, end bold indicator, the word. But DBT puts the bold indicator first.

Just wondering if this could be fixed one day so that the proper order works
with boldface? To fix this, I have to use exact translation and use the
underscore and period where I want the end bold indicator.

Jean

Jean

  "Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad name."
(Henry Kissinger)